Benefits of membership include:-
- Opportunities to take an active part in Institution affairs, contribute to IESIS objectives, raise issues, join groups, to have a voice;
- Opportunities to meet and network with engineers from all disciplines in a professional, sociable environment;
- Use of the post-nominals MIES, FIES, CIES, GIES or SIES as appropriate;
- Receipt of regular publications; Transactions and newsletters;
- Free access - by a pass obtained from the IESIS office - to Glasgow University library;
- Broadening one's outlook on multi disciplinary engineering matters, via evening presentations, etc.;
- Attending the annual James Watt Dinner, one of the most important events in the Scottish engineering calendar, at which the new inductees to the Scottish Engineering Hall of Fame are announced;
- Having first refusal on ticketed events;
- Opportunities to visit sites or works of engineering interest;
- Modest subscription fees.
Download Why Join IESIS?
If you would like to know more, contact the Secretary or, if you prefer, just come along to an IESIS meeting and make yourself known to the Secretary or a Member of Council there. You will be warmly welcomed. .
TO CITE THIS PAGE: MLA style: "IESIS". iesis.org. Date of viewing. http://www.iesis.org/benefits.html